Technical Staff and Project Manager of Environmental Programs (2007-2012)
International Code Council (ICC) and ICC – Evaluation Service (ICC-ES)
- Developed technical publications (study guides, Q & A, construction guides, etc.) based on the International Residential Code (IRC), National Green Building Standard ICC-700 (NGBS) and the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), and presented training programs on the same both in his home state of Minnesota and in various locations throughout the United States.In 2012, transitioned from the ICC Product Development Department to the ICC-Evaluation Service (ICC-ES) Environmental Programs Division where Peter developed environmental reports for manufacturers to show that their products met specific sustainability targets (i.e. recycled content; bio-based; levels of VOC; etc.) contained in the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), National Green Building Standard ICC-700,) LEED For Homes (USGBC); State of California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen) and other green building programs.
State of Minnesota Building Code Division (Department of Labor and Industry)
- Created, developed and presented approximately forty training programs each year to code officials, builders, designers, architects and other interested parties throughout Minnesota. These programs were based on the International Residential Code (IRC) and the Minnesota Energy Code. Provided code commentary to phone and electronic inquiries. Served as Chair on the International Residential Code Review Committee.
Building Inspector (1987-1998)
City of Blaine
- Conducted plan review and field inspection of single and multi-family residential construction projects.
Various Positions with five residential and commercial construction companies (1976-1987)
- Served in the United States Navy as a Radar Operator on-board the destroyer, USS Reasoner (DE-1063) prior to entering college.
- Green Building-Residential (International Code Council)
- Plans Examiner (ICC)
- Building Inspector (ICC)
- LEED AP Homes (United States Green Building Council)
- CalGreen Inspector (California Building Standards Commission)
- Certified Building Official (State of Minnesota Dept of Labor and Industry)
- Certified Instructor (State of Minnesota Dept of Labor and Industry)
- Approved Educator (International Code Council Preferred Provider Program)
- 10,000 Lakes Chapter of the International Code Council (ICC)
- International Code Council (ICC) regular member
- Residential Committee of the Minnesota Chapter of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Minnesota Renewable Energy Society
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association
Recipient of the Russ Smith Education Award for Instructor of the Year in Minnesota
- Building Inspection Technology – Inver Hills Community College
- Architectural Technology – Saint Paul College